Counsel at Kelly, Hockel & Klein spearheaded the effort to form MARC, the Medicare Advocacy Recovery Coalition, an organization of attorneys, claims administrators, and risk management personnel dedicated to reforming the process for reimbursement of Medicare in personal injury liability cases where Medicare paid for the plaintiff’s medical treatment. Aiming to amend the rules and implementing regulations for Medicare secondary payer reimbursement, we have met with personnel at the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services in San Francisco and Washington, D.C. to push for clearer, more efficient rules for reimbursing Medicare. A widely-distributed white paper authored by Kelly, Hockel & Klein attorneys outlines MARC’s objectives and served as a focal point of the organization’s efforts. Our attorneys also co-authored an article that appeared in DRI’s For The Defense magazine, which discussed methods for liability attorneys to avoid the penalties and pitfalls of the Medicare secondary payer recovery rules. Further, our attorneys have advised clients and presented seminars on the procedures and notice requirements for Medicare reimbursements in liability cases.
- Court of Appeals Strikes Down NLRB Employer Posting Requirement
- Vacation Time Waivers in Union Contracts
- PIECE RATE AND COMMISSION BASED PAY PLANS MAY NOT SATISFY CA MINIMUM WAGE REQUIREMENTS
- Gabrielle Handler Marks Joins KH&K!
- RECENT NEW LAWS AFFECTING CALIFORNIA EMPLOYERS
- KH&K Seeks Experienced Lawyers to Join Our Growing Practice!