Kathryn M. Weeks
- University of California Hastings College of the Law, San Francisco, California. Juris Doctor, 2007.
- Hastings Law Journal, Production Editor.
- Leiden University, Leiden, Netherlands. International Legal Studies, 2006.
- University of Colorado at Boulder. Bachelor of Arts, Anthropology, 2002. Dean’s List.
- Syracuse University di Firenze, Florence, Italy. Italian Language and Cultural Studies, 2001.
- Admitted to practice before all state and federal courts in California.
- Advise and counsel to employer clients regarding all aspects of compliance with state and federal employment laws. Employment litigation, including class actions, labor arbitration, wrongful termination, workplace harassment, retaliation and discrimination claims.
- Seminar presentation, “Preventing Sexual Harassment — an Interactive Seminar,” for the San Francisco Chamber of Commerce and San Francisco Employer Advisory Council on April 5, 2012.
- In 2011 and 2012, Katie volunteered as a weekly reading tutor at SF’s Sanchez Elementary School through Reading Partners, a one-on-one tutoring program that focuses on providing help to children from low-income communities who are struggling with reading.
- From 2004-2007, Katie served as a volunteer and then student president (2005-06) for the General Assistance Advocacy Program, a student-run nonprofit organization in San Francisco’s Tenderloin neighborhood dedicated to helping homeless San Franciscans obtain access to public benefits, housing and employment.
- In 2003 and 2004, Katie worked at Boulder County Legal Services in Boulder, Colorado, managing case administration for a legal aid office focused on providing free legal services to low income clients.
Affiliations and Memberships
- California State Bar
- San Francisco Bar Association
- Queen’s Bench
- Spark SF
Hobbies and Interests
- Skiing, travel, camping, the great outdoors, biking, live music, classic literature, wine tasting, spending time with friends, family and her two dogs, Barbara and Harriet.